Growing law firm seeks uniquely qualified candidate to add to the team! This position is suited for a positive-minded, tech-savvy self-starter who can learn quickly and execute tasks accurately and efficiently. Attention to detail is a must as dates and numbers are everything in our field.
About the firm: Sorenson Law focuses on Georgia property taxation. We represent property owners in developing legal and valuation strategies to reduce annual property tax burdens. We are not a high-volume mill; instead we focus on long term relationships and strategies for our clients, adding value to the businesses and families we represent.
Duties for the Case Manager position are:
1. Case/Project Management – enter and track +100 cases through Excel and database systems; monitor deadlines and hearing dates; track and enter pleadings, discovery and valuation data in Excel spreadsheets; coordinate with outside counsel, clients and parties to meet case deadlines.
2. Administrative – maintain and update client database; mail and email letters and documents to clients; assist with organizing and maintaining litigation pleadings and discovery documents; contact county and city offices regarding administrative appeal matters and tax bill issues.
3. Real Estate Valuation – assist with analysis for residential and commercial property valuation using firm’s systems; help prepare residential and commercial valuation appeals for hearings; estimate resulting property tax refunds and bills for clients.
- High attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Comfortable with internet database research
- Clear, professional communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or +4yrs experience in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, and/or Economics
- Current law students with relevant background education and/or experience, and willing to learn the ins-and-outs of a small law practice will be considered
Part-time (appx 20-25 hours weekly), with some flexibility as to days and times. No nights, weekends, or holidays required. Starting pay $25/hr, with room for increased rates for the right candidate after training. This position has potential for growth! Work to be done at our office located at Galleria Office Park, across from Cumberland Mall and the Braves Stadium. Business casual environment.
Please submit a cover letter (no more than 1 page) and resume to info@SorensonLawGA.com, with Case Manager in the email subject line. No phone calls please.